Metals Calculator - Hardness-based Metals Criteria Calculator – The calculations in this spreadsheet are based on the criteria contained in 62-302.530 F.A.C. (5/04/2007). (if prompted for a password, choose cancel)
- TEQ Guidance - This memorandum outlines proposed guidance for the evaluation of laboratory data associated with samples analyzed for dioxins and furans.
- Unionized Ammonia
External SOPs Revised SOPs effective 12/03/08
- Internal SOPsThe internal SOPs are those procedural SOPs developed by Biology and Chemistry for their internal use.
- Changes in the Macroinvertebrate Community of a Central Florida
Herbaceous Wetland over a Twelve-Month Period, Dana R. Denson (.pdf, 1.3 mb).
- Fla. Dept. Environmental Regulation, Biology Section. 1984.
Selected dredge and fill literature. 37 pp. [unpublished report] (PDF file size 1.4MB)
- Marine Program
- Invertebrate and Algae Lists - A listing of all the invertebrates and algae represented in the Biological Database
- QA Plans - The Bureau of Laboratories Quality Manuals
- FAC 62-4 MDL/PQL Table (April 26, 2006) - MDL/PQL List Referenced in Chapter 62-4.246(4), F.A.C. (.xls, 180 kB).
Guidance for the selection of analytical methods and the evaluation of MDLs and PQLs for the list of analytical methods referenced in Chapter 62-4.246(4), F.A.C.
- FAC 62-777 MDL/PQL Tables - The target list of Practical Quantitation Levels (PQLs) for the proposed analyte list in Chapter 62- 777, F.A.C., where the cleanup criteria is less than the target PQL.
- Identification Keys-These are keys for the identification of various kinds of organisms. They were created by or for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, or its predecessor agencies.
- Recommended Freshwater Taxonomic Identification References - a list of helpful taxonomic references.
- 1,4-Dioxane - Available methodologies and
recommendations by the Bureau of Laboratories for the analysis of 1,4-dioxane. Note: These recommendations do not
constitute approval for any specific regulatory application.
Single Ion Monitoring Guidance - In response to numerous inquiries concerning the use of the Single Ion Monitoring (SIM) mode for analytes, the
Standards and Assessment Section has provided this guidance that emphasizes the method-required quality control measures when using this technology. This
document also identifies the program areas to which this technology is applicable.
- Inorganic Methods Update - Listing of Deleted, Added and Retained Methods in 40 CFR Part 136.3 Table 1B (Inorganic Methods).
- EPA Methods Update - The Environmental Protection Agency recently
promulgated rules in the Federal Register that affect analytical methods for programs in the Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act (drinking water,
ambient water, waste water and sewage sludge). This memo, issued jointly by the Department and the Department of Health Environmental Laboratory Certification
Program, outlines the interim implementation strategy for methods and procedures published in the March 2007 Federal Register notices. Additional
information concerning frequently asked questions will be posted as they are made available.
- CBOD Interpretation - The National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Conference issued an interpretation of control limits of glucose
glutamic acid when performing the test for Carbonaceous Biochemical Oxygen Demand (CBoD). This interpretation is the consensus of several experts in the
field of BoD as well as state accrediting authorities and environmental regulatory agencies.
- Discrete Analyzer Technology
FDEP Environmental Assessment Section determines that method applications using discrete analyzer technology is an acceptable
modification to the cited EPA methods and requires no application for alternative test procedure. There was some confusion
about the use of surfactants. This revised version clarifies the Department's position that surfactants other than those
specified (or not included) in the reference method are acceptable.
EPA Method 1664 - See this important information regarding the use of EPA Method 1664.
- EPA Method 1669 - Clean hands sampling technique. The downloadable file is in PDF format (137 kB)
- Modifications to EPA 625 - This EPA memorandum allows modifications and added
flexibility to EPA Method 625 for environmental permitting and compliance monitoring under the Clean Water Act.
- Ion-Imbalance Report and Spreadsheet - The results of a study to determine methods for identifying toxicity to marine animals resulting from an 'imbalance' of the major seawater ions.
Method of Standard Additions for Chlorine and Sulfur Dioxide Analyses - Please find the
SOP (PDF, 12 kB) for this procedure.
- Petroleum Methods - Information regarding the FDEP's FLPRO method, the Massachusetts DEP method for Extractable Petroleum Hydrocarbons and the TPHCWG Analytical Method.Memo explaining the FLPRO method application.
- Standard Methods 21st edition - Approved analytical methods from
Standard Methods 21st edition for 40 CFR Part 136 (wastewater) and Part 141 (drinking water). (PDF, 100kB)
Reports and Audits
Emerging Substances of Concern (ESOC) - Summarizes the conclusions of an internal Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
Workgroup that was formed to evaluate strategies to effectively address a wide variety of potential contaminants, commonly referred to as Emerging
Substances of Concern, or ESOC.
Index of Reports - Search Bureau of Laboratories reports