Office of Intergovernmental Programs
Under its Clearinghouse program, the Office of Intergovernmental Programs (OIP):
- Serves as the state's single point-of-contact for the Florida State Clearinghouse.
- Coordinates the Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP) position on the consistency of federal
projects and federally funded activities with departmental policies and
regulations, and provides comments to the Florida State Clearinghouse in
accordance with Presidential Executive Order 12372, the
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the
Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA) and other
federal laws and policies.
- Coordinates DEP's position regarding the statements of environmental
feasibility for Florida Department of Transportation projects as
required under Chapter 338, F.S., and roadway alignment planning
Under its Comprehensive Plan program, OIP:
- Coordinates the DEP's review of local government comprehensive plans, plan amendments, sector plans and rural land stewardship area plans.
- Provides input regarding specific growth management policy issues and coordinates DEP’s implementation of related recommendations.
- Coordinates DEP's involvement in Florida's Areas of Critical State Concern program.
April 15, 2014
Florida Department of Environmental Protection,
3900 Commonwealth Boulevard M.S. 47 Tallahassee, Florida 32399
850-245-2118 (phone) / 850-245-2128 (fax)
DEP Home | About DEP
| Contact Us | Search |